Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

Who doesn't love a good deal?

My friends, family and co-workers often joke with me about how much money I save by finding good deals, shopping clearance, going to yard sales, using coupons and visiting thrift stores. I can't help it! I love it when I score a good deal!

One of my favorite places to visit is the Meijer Outlet! Meijer Outlet you might say?!? It's a little hidden gem in Grand Rapids that most people in West Michigan don't even know about. It's located at 4677 Alpine Avenue NW Comstock Park Mi 49321.

Hours:
Monday- Saturday: 9 am until 9 pm
Sunday: noon until 5 pm

They receive merchandise from various Meijer stores and sell it at discounted prices. I've scored multiple Christmas and Birthday presents; as well as goodies for my own home!

Keep these things in mind if you go visit:
1. Don't have a specific shopping list in hand when you go- it's not likely that you will be able to find it- however have a general list in mind (ie. Birthday gift for Mike) and you're more likely to reap success
2. The store can be somewhat crowded at times- be patient
3. Some items are tossed in bins- sometimes you have to dig to find treasures- but that's half the fun- right?!?
4. Not all items have the current price marked on the item- be sure to read the signs- often times things will get marked down an additional 50%
5. The sign outside of the store isn't a typical Meijer sign- it says Thrifty Outlet (check out the picture below!)

Have fun! Once you visit- you'll definitely want to make multiple return visits!

Do you have a favorite place to save money?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Birthday gift for Mike you say? I love this place. I went in thinking it was a thrift store and was very surprised to see NEW things for VERY cheap. It's just down the road from the Christian two-story thrift store that has the BEST romance novel section :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Well we just talked about his birthday :) Love this store! I still have yet to stop at the Christian thrift store too! Next time!

      Delete