Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A bit frantic

Today marks back to work! It was a nice few days off...enjoying time with family and friends, waking up without an alarm, relaxing and playing some new games. No complaints for me.

However, today didn't start out how I planned. I set my alarm to get up, I even recall hitting snooze a few times. The next thing I know, I wake up to the clock saying it's 7:45! oops! I'm supposed to be to work at 8:00 and I have a good 35 min drive (on a good day!). Guess it's late to work for me! Oh well, nothing hurt. It happens!

I dislike the feeling of being rushed, and the feeling of being late. I am the person who is always on time (even a bit early!), so you can imagine how unsettling this is for me!

Only after quickly getting out of bed, rushing through my morning routine and getting into my car to drive to work could I really unwind a bit. Thankfully the drive allowed me to do this. I then starting thinking about rushing, how society nowadays seems super rushed, and I'm guilty of it too. But then I recalled my last few days off of work, the enjoyment of family and friends, relaxing and doing things I love. It reminded me that it's important for us to slow down and enjoy life. If we are too busy rushing through life, we aren't really enjoying it to the fullest.

source
Since the New Year is here, I challenge you to slow down, be less rushed, and enjoy life! It's worth living!

No comments:

Post a Comment