Saturday, September 29, 2012

AMAZING Dinner

Earlier this week I made Thai Green Curry Coconut Shrimp with Basil. It was amazing! The recipe is from skinnytaste; this blog is one of the go to places to find new and exciting Weight Watchers friendly dishes. Although this one had me purchasing items not normally in my kitchen (green curry, coconut milk and fish sauce); it was totally worth it. My fiance Brent and I enjoyed it for dinner, and I had it as leftovers the next night too. Try it out; you won't be sorry!
 


Thai Green Curry Coconut Shrimp with Basil
Ingredients:

  • 1 tsp oil
  • 4 small scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
  • 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste (or more to taste)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (from 1 1/4 lbs unpeeled)
  • 6 oz light coconut milk
  • 2 tsp Thai fish sauce 
  • 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
  • salt to taste

Directions:
In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil on medium-high flame. Add scallion whites and green curry paste; sauté one minute.

Add shrimp and garlic, season with salt and cook about 2-3 minutes.

Add coconut milk, fish sauce and mix well; simmer about 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.

Remove from heat, mix in scallion greens and basil. Serve over rice and enjoy!

Make sure to calculate your own WW points; nutritional values vary based on brands. Skinnytaste stated that this recipe was 3 points for 1/4 of the shrimp and sauce. With my specific ingredients my entire recipe was only 6 points! 

No comments:

Post a Comment