Friday, March 28, 2014

Cooking yummies!

I love cooking. Both old recipes and new ones too. Now the clean up part- that I don't love! But who does really?!? Pinterest has been a great site to get connected with multiple recipes to try- and I've done just that- tried and LOVED most of the things that I've tried.

Not from Pinterest, however a beloved recipe indeed. This recipe also gave me my happy day #2- remembering my mom making this delicious recipe. So basic and quick, yet I would often ask for it for my birthday dinner! Go figure. Try it out. Let me know what you think!

Sweet and Sour Meatballs


1 onion, chopped
¾ teaspoon seasoned salt
1 (10 ¾ oz) can tomato soup
3 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 lb ground beef
1 (13 ¼ oz) can pineapple chunks, drained

Combine onion, salt, soup, lemon juice and brown sugar in glass dish. Microwave 3-5 minutes or until simmering- stirring halfway through cooking time.

Roll ground beef into 1-inch diameter meatballs. Place meatballs in above sauce. Spoon some sauce mixture over meatballs. Microwave 6-7 minutes or until meat is cooked through.

Stir in pineapple. Microwave for 1 minute.

Serve with rice.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment