Monday, May 6, 2013

So...the thing is...




I'm excited that I've lost 50 pounds. The journey hasn't always been easy, but I feel such a sense of accomplishment!

But you see...there are other things that go along side weight loss. One of them being clothes. Clearly with the loss of pounds, there has been a change in clothing size. Thankfully my great friend Kristyn has passed along clothes as she has grown out of them (as I do once I've grown out of mine too). However, yesterday (a nice and sunny 70 degree day) I wanted to wear shorts or capris and learned that I didn't have any that fit. I will admit it is more fun to go clothes shopping now- it's much better than it was 50 pounds ago. Although, being on a budget, and saving for a wedding doesn't make spending money on clothes very fun! So, I'll slowly be adding things- buying at thrift stores, using sales and clearance prices and taking hand me downs from friends.

Since I've recently joined the gym I've purchased more workout clothes too. I had some luck finding these at JcPenny and Old Navy. Hopefully these pants don't fall down! (Don't laugh! I had that issue!) Soon on the docket to purchase will be some new athletic shoes too. If anyone has suggestions on shoes- I'd love to hear them. Remember though- I'm on a budget.

So you see...the thing is....along with exciting and accomplished things- comes unexpected challenges. I guess that's life! If everything was always good and exciting they wouldn't call it the roller coaster of life!



2 comments:

  1. My only suggestion - as someone who has gained and lost - bargain shop on everything BUT the shoes. It is absolutely worth it to shell out $100 for athletic shoes. Don't go to a big box store like Dick's. Head to a specialty store like Gazelle Sports (Holland, GR and Kzoo) and get fitted for great shoes and you will not regret it. That being said, for your money, Target has some of the best workout clothes. The guys at Gazelle even admitted they were pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie- I really appreciate it! I've heard some great things about Gazelle Sports- might have to check them out myself!

      Delete